SUMMER – 2023
The Dream Big 3v3 COMPETE will be a developmental environment your athlete will love. Unstructured and creative free play allows offensive instincts to develop organically. No winners or losers, but lots of sweat, hard work and tight space for hockey-sense development. Players will be forced to COMPETE outside their comfort levels to elevate their game. Complete the player profile form below for this incredible EXPERIENCE!!
(2016 ~ Stanley Cup Champion – Head Coach)
“Hockey is an instinctive, largely unscripted game, where players are constantly trying to gain time and space in offensive situations and take away time and space on defense. As such, players who can think for themselves, adapt and form their own solutions to game-play challenges have a major advantage. Small-area games encourage players to learn by doing, while competing in an environment that encourages creativity and deception skills. Players will be forced to make decisions repeatedly while battling for space.”
3v3 Compete Details
- Prep Futures (2010-2014)
- High School Elite (2009-2005)
- 6 Weeks ~ July 13 – August 17 (Thursday Nights)
- 5:10-6:00 pm (Prep Futures)
- 6:10-7:00 pm (High School Elite)
- Burlington Ice Palace – Burlington, MA
- Red line to Goal line
- 45 sec shift length (1:3 work:rest ratio)
PLAYER PROFILE FORM
Complete the player profile below to receive your registration link.
WHAT YOUR ATHLETE CAN EXPECT
- The position specific clinic has become the most popular DBHS program.
- Players are divided via their position to work on ‘real’ game scenarios.
- Professional staff and a low player to coach ratio.
- Athlete’s will be challenged and pushed outside their comfort levels.
POSITION SPECIFIC TRAINING
(cycling/puck protection/quick release/tipping pucks/goal line attacks)
(1v1 moves/puck distribution/generating speed through the neutral zone)
(breakouts/stick-body position/blocking shots)
(blue line footwork/shooting efficiency/joining the rush)
Defending The Rush
(power crossover/backward c-cut/gap control slide/1v1/2v2)
(breakouts/using the net/stick-body position/corner battles/blocking shots)
Dream Big HockeyStars has rapidly
grown into one of the premier hockey
institutions in Massachusetts.
WHAT YOUR ATHLETE CAN EXPECT
- All private lessons begin with a discussion between the athlete and parents to gather information about the goals for the lesson.
- Thorough evaluation to determine the players strengths & weaknesses.
- Begin with rudimentary drills and progress to more complicated drills/patterns.
Edge Control (inside/outside edge/mohawk)
Stride Efficiency (technique/length/acceleration)
(push under technique/
Explosiveness (starts/power & lateral crossover)
Basic Movements (neutral grip/wide dribble/hip pocket/backhand hip pocket)
(toe drag/backhand pull/inside-outside fake)
SHOOTING TO SCORE
Basic Movements (wrist shot/backhand)
(snap shot/slap shot/shooting off the rush/catch & release/one-timers)
Basic Movements (forehand/backhand)
(forehand-backhand sauce/indirect/deception/look offs)
(angling/stick-to-body lifts/shoulder to shoulder)
(open ice/hip check/receiving contact/puck protection)
BOOK A LESSON TODAY WITH ONE OF OUR ELITE LEVEL COACHES!!
- Cancellations before May 1, 2023, will receive a cash refund less the non-refundable 50% deposit.
- Cancellations after May 1, 2023, will receive a 50% credit towards a future camp – no cash refunds. All original deposits are non-refundable.
- Failure to attend a camp/clinic without notification will result in no refund or credit.
- If a camper becomes sick or injured at a camp/clinic or before a camp/clinic, 50% of the unused paid portion of the camp/clinic tuition will be returned as a credit to your account for a future camp/clinic. A doctor’s note is required.
- 24 hour cancellation policy for all rentals